Life can be tough for a woman!
With responsibilities at home, to children, to spouses, to work, to the world, it can be a daunting task just to find time for yourself to think, let alone lose weight.
Weight loss can be a difficult task, and finding products that can help can be almost impossible.
In general, women carry more body fat than men – it’s just the way bodies are designed (21). Women can also have a harder time shedding unwanted fat, particularly from the stomach, hip, butt, and thigh areas — for many different reasons.
Because of this, some women turn to supplements to help them drop those unwanted pounds.
But, as you may know, building the body of your dreams is not easy. It takes time, discipline, and a lot of hard work. There’s no magic pill that can make you fit and sexy, but there are supplement ingredients that can certainly help.
Fat burners are supplements designed to help you burn fat. Generally, they do this by claiming to increase your metabolic rate, give you more energy and curb your appetite.
However, fat burners are meaningless and useless without proper nutrition and exercise.
Importance of Diet & Exercise
Fat burners and other weight loss products are designed to be used in conjunction with diet and exercise.
In short, these aren’t magic pills that will make you lose weight without any effort on your end.
These supplements are advertised to help speed your metabolism, which can increase the number of calories you burn on a daily basis. They are best used in conjunction with regular exercise and a healthy diet.
Another aspect of fat-burning supplements is hunger suppression.
Some supplements contain ingredients designed to make you feel more full, thereby helping you eat less. For some people, this can be just as important as an increase in the metabolic rate.
Lastly, most fat burners will include some sort of stimulant, like caffeine or green tea extract. These ingredients are added to help give you energy for your day, which can, in turn, lead to a greater number of calories burned.
In order to help you find a good product, we’ve researched & compared the best women’s fat burners on the market right now. We also have a list of the best fat burners overall that you can check out.
Top 10 Women’s Fat Burners Compared
ⓘ If you buy something after visiting a link below, we get a commission.
1. Instant Knockout
Instant Knockout is on our list because it’s highly reviewed and relevantly affordable. It contains 10 powerful, all-natural ingredients that you can actually pronounce – no crazy ingredients used in this product.
- Fully Vegan Fat Burner
- Used by MMA Fighters
- You can train for longer – May help increase your energy
- SHIPS WORLDWIDE*
- Energy Boosters – Stimulants that increase energy
- No Proprietary Blends – No hidden dosages, know all the details
- 1 month supply – 1 Box
- 2 month supply – 2 Boxes + FREE Delivery (USA & UK)
- 3 month supply – 3 Boxes + 1 FREE Box + FREE Delivery (Worldwide)*
Ingredients: One daily serving (4 capsules) contains:
- 500mg Green Tea Extract – A simple, powerful ingredient that provides antioxidants. It may also provide energy for longer workouts and more physical activity, which burns more calories.
- 100mg Cayenne Pepper – A powdered spicy pepper that raises your body temperature. In response, your body works hard to cool itself down, which burns calories.
- 1800mg Glucomannan – A dietary fiber that swells your stomach to reduce hunger cravings and make you feel more full.
- 7 more natural fat-burning ingredients – Caffeine anhydrous, vitamin B6 and B12, chromium, zinc, piperine, and green coffee bean. These ingredients work in combination.
Who makes it: Instant Knockout is made by UK-based company Roar Ambition. Instant Knockout has worldwide distribution and is manufactured in cGMP-approved facilities with a huge following of loyal fans.
2. Transparent Labs Fat Burner STIM FREE
Fat Burner STIM-FREE by Transparent Labs is one of the highest-rated fat burners for women that we’ve seen. For a women’s fat burner that was designed to be a “powerful, safe, and effective stimulant-free fat burner with a science-based formula designed to burn fat, control hunger cravings, and enhance metabolic support”, you can give it a try.
- Documented Research on their website: Every ingredient in Fat Burner STIM-FREE has each and every clinical study used to determine why it was included in the formula, as well as its dose.
- Money-Back Guarantee – Unhappy with your results? No problem. They’re so confident in your results, that they offer an easy refund process, no questions asked!
- Ships Worldwide!
- Scientific Research Provided: Transparent Labs provides links to every scientific study used for every ingredient included in their formula (so you can research for yourself to confirm all of their claims).
- 100% Formula Transparency: Transparent Labs provides 100% formula transparency (zero proprietary blends).
- Zero Artificial Sweeteners, Food Dyes, or Harmful Additives: Fat Burner STIM-FREE contains zero artificial sweeteners, food dyes, or harmful additives.
- 1-Month Supply
- 2-Month Supply: Save $9 + Money Back Guarantee
- 3-Month Supply: Save $28 + Money Back Guarantee
What’s In It: Each serving (only 2 capsules) of Fat Burner contains:
- 750 mg Acetyl L-Carnitine
- 250 mg Forslean (Forskolin)
- 150 mg 5-HTP
- 100 mg Rhodiola Rosea
- 50 mg Cayenne pepper Extract
- 10 mg Fucoxanthin
Who Makes It: Fat Burner STIM-FREE was formulated by Transparent Labs, which has become one of our favorite brands over the past several years. Over the past 2 years, Transparent Labs has released supplement-after-supplement that follows their brand mission statement. Fat Burner STIM-FREE is one of our highest rated fat burners for women for a number of reasons, but mainly, because of how incredible their user reviews are, which can be found on their website (we recommend checking them out for yourself). Transparent Labs is only available through their website, which was designed to help you save as much as possible.
Leanbean by Ultimate Life is one of the first fat burners on the market to be 100% made for female weight loss. Formulated to solve the extra cravings felt by women, whilst delivering a stimulant-free metabolic boost, this female fat burner is amongst the best rated in the industry.
- Combines 4+ natural appetite suppressants
- Stim-free energy – feel more energy whilst working out
- Money-back guarantee – On 90-day offer
- Worldwide Shipping – Express global delivery
- Clear labeling – No doses hidden in proprietary blends
- Strong in antioxidants – natural detox ingredients
- Appropriate for vegans – No additives or animal products
- 1 month supply – 1 Box
- 2 month supply – 2 Boxes (FREE Shipping USA & UK)
- 3 months supply – 3 Boxes + 1 FREE Box + FREE Workout Guide + FREE Shipping + MONEYBACK GUARANTEE
Ingredients: Daily serving (4 capsules) of Leanbean includes:
- 500mg Konjac Fibre – A root extract that will make you feel fuller and forget about cravings.
- 400mg Garcinia Cambogia – Used by celebrities and athletes, the ‘HCA’ content in this ingredient can help block your brain’s urges for sugar
- 800mg Acai Berry – Antioxidant/detox aid that controls hunger and promotes healthy digestion as well as improved skin health
- 200mg Turmeric – Ingredient that boosts thermogenic fat burning and reduces inflammation connected to obesity
- 150mg Green Coffee – Low-caffeine metabolism booster
- 6 more proven fat burners including Chromium, Vitamin B, Black Pepper, Cayenne Pepper, and Raspberry Ketones
Who Makes It: Leanbean is made by Ultimate Life: this British supplement business has filled the space in the market for female-specific weight loss. Leanbean uses a combination of natural ingredients to get ‘binge eating’ under control. The reason for this is that research shows women frequently experience ‘higher than average’ cravings. Leanbean is made in FDA inspected facilities and has a loyal army of repeat customers owing to some glowing video reviews online and on their website.
Bottom Line: A female targeted fat burner: it was designed to be used by anyone in order to help them achieve their weight loss ambitions. This elite fat-burning system offers a 90-day guarantee to reduce the risk to its customers. There are also free guides to help speed up and elevate your results. Leanbean works by harnessing powerful craving suppression, natural detox aids, and stim-free metabolism boosters. The sole objective is to help you get the figure you’ve been searching for without doing any damage through crash diets or ineffective starvation strategies.
4. Hydroxycut Hardcore Next Gen
Hydroxycut Hardcore Next Gen is one of the most highly reviewed fat burners of all time. Combining many powerful sustained-release fat-burning ingredients, Hydroxycut Hardcore Next Gen gives your body the tools it needs to shed fat.
- May give you more energy
- Convenient capsules – 4 pills per day
- It may help increase mental focus and energy
Ingredients: One serving contains:
- 400mg green coffee blend
- 290mg caffeine anhydrous, which provides energy for your day
- 100mg coleus extract
- 4 more natural herbs and extracts, including blue skullcap, yohimbe, ophiopogon extract, and guayusa. These ingredients work in combination.
Who makes it: Hydroxycut Hardcore Next Gen is made by MuscleTech, a huge sports nutrition company founded in 1995. Today, MuscleTech’s name is synonymous with high-quality products. They offer a wide range of fitness supplements and have developed a loyal following of fans and customers.
5. Cellucor Super HD
Cellucor Super HD is an effective product. Combining ingredients to target all the aspects of fat loss, Super HD promotes fat loss while giving you energy, and more. With just 2 capsules a day, Super HD will help you on your path to a fit body by targeting all the most important aspects of weight loss efforts.
- It may help increases energy
- Includes powerful nootropics
- Convenient – just 2 capsules each day
- Great company
Ingredients: One serving contains:
- 250mg SuperHD ThermoSculpting blend, consisting of green tea extract, Slimpro protein hydrolysates of Blue Whiting, and Dandelion root extract.
- 250mg SuperHD Sensory Impact blend, consisting of tyrosine, Rhodiola root extract, Yohimbe, cayenne, and more.
Who makes it: Super HD is made by Cellucor, a large manufacturer of fitness supplements based in Texas. Since 2002, Cellucor has been an industry leader, producing high-quality and innovative products to suit the needs of a wide range of customers. Today, having won many prestigious awards and built up a huge following, Cellucor is one of the most respected names in the game.
6. Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite
Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite is one of the most popular fat burners ever created. Designed to increase metabolism and thermogenesis, Hardcore Elite gives your body the tools it needs to drop those stubborn pounds and get you in the best shape of your life!
- May help to improve energy levels for more productive workouts
- Every ingredient is listed in detail
- Convenient and easy to take (capsules)
Ingredients: One serving contains:
- 270mg caffeine anhydrous, which helps to increase energy for your day.
- 250mg coleus forskohlii
- 200mg C. canephora robusta (green coffee extract)
- 100mg L-theanine
- 3mg yohimbe, which may increase energy.
Who makes it: Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite is made by MuscleTech, one of the biggest and most respected companies in the industry. Since 1995, MuscleTech has been a leader in innovation, coming out with exciting and effective new products to match the needs of the growing community of fitness enthusiasts.
7. Lean Mode by EVL Nutrition
Lean Mode is a stimulant-free fat-burning supplement made by EVLution Nutrition. With ingredients to support the five most essential elements of weight loss (fat burning, appetite control, metabolism, energy, and positive mood), Lean Mode is a great product for women wanting to shed a few pounds while avoiding stimulants.
- Caffeine free
- Stimulant free
- Comes from an award-winning company
Ingredients: One serving contains:
- 500mg garcinia cambogia extract, which contains hydroxycitric acid.
- 500mg green coffee bean extract (decaffeinated)
- 500mg CLA
- 500mg carnitine, which supports energy.
- 250mg green tea extract (decaffeinated), which may increase energy.
Who makes it: Lean Mode is made by EVL Nutrition, winner of Bodybuilding.com’s “Breakout Brand of the Year” award. As a fairly new company, founded in 2013, EVL Nutrition has made a grand entrance to the supplement industry by releasing several highly effective, well-reviewed, and innovative products. We look forward to future products from this up-and-coming company.
8. RSP Nutrition Quadralean
Quadralean is a fat-burning supplement made by RSP Nutrition. Using 4 primary ingredients, each of which targets a specific factor of fat loss, Quadralean is an effective and unique product. It does not contain stimulants, making it one of the best stimulant-free fat burners for women.
- Stimulant free
- Contains 4 main ingredients, each targets a specific aspect
Ingredients: One serving contains:
- 500mg conjugated linoleic acid (CLA)
- 500mg garcinia cambogia extract
- 250mg raspberry ketones
- 500mg carnitine blend
Who makes it: Quadralean is made by RSP Nutrition, a fairly new company that has been making waves in the supplement industry. For several years, RSP has been a leader in creating innovative new products – today, they have more than 10 popular and effective supplements to suit the needs of the growing fitness community.
Bottom line: Overall, Quadralean is a good stimulant-free fat burner. If you’re looking for a solid product that does not contain caffeine or other stimulants, this is a good choice. However, the large serving size is definitely a downside, and most people can benefit from the caffeine in weight loss supplements.
9. BPI Sports RoxyLean
RoxyLean is a powerful fat-burning supplement made by BPI Sports. It combines unique and effective ingredients and at one serving per day, it’s super convenient.
- Convenient – only 1 capsule per serving
- Contains caffeine for energy
Ingredients: One serving contains:
- 654mg lipotropic blend, consisting of caffeine, cocoa seed extract, solanum tuberosum, yohimbe, and more.
- 175mg nootropic and neurocognitive blend, consisting of choline, lycoris radiata extract, and more.
Who makes it: RoxyLean is made by BPI Sports, a relatively new company that makes sports supplements. BPI was founded in 2010, and since then has been hard at work developing the next generation of workout supplements. Despite their short history, BPI Sports now has more than a dozen top products on the market.
Bottom line: Overall, RoxyLean is a good fat burner for women.
10. MusclePharm Shred Sport Thermogenic Complex
MusclePharm’s Shred Sport Thermogenic Complex is a fantastic option for women as it addresses carb cravings, targets stubborn existing fat stores, such a the belly, booty, and thighs, and boosts metabolism naturally. Female athletes often struggle to lose stubborn fat. This powerful formula will boost your metabolism, helping your body to burn more calories even during rest. Shred Sport Thermogenic targets existing fat stores, helping to tackle those stubborn areas. If you’re looking to get lean, fast, then Shred Sport Thermogenic Complex is the product for you.
- 125mg ‘Capsimax’ powerful Capsicum extract per serving, to boost metabolism and increase calorie expenditure
- 50mg Teacrine per serving to keep hunger at bay
- 200mg caffeine to stimulate energy and focus, helping you to work out at your maximum
- 500mg L-Carnitine to avoid muscle catabolism and increase energy
- Great value
- Fantastic reviews from women worldwide
- Fast, efficient shipping
Ingredients: One serving (2 capsules) contains:
- 125mg Capsimax – capsimax is made from capsicum extract, a powerful thermogenic fat burner
- 50mg Teacrine – made from theacrine, a natural stimulant that helps to increase daily calorie expenditure
- 200mg Caffeine – helps to increase basal metabolic rate and improve concentration and focus
- 500mg L-Carnitine – helps to break down existing fat stores for use during exercise
- Additional all-natural ingredients and vitamins, specifically formulated to stimulate optimal metabolic function, fat breakdown, and athletic performance.
Who makes it: Shred Sport Thermogenic Complex is made by MusclePharm, a US company with nearly a decade of experience in providing the highest-quality nutritional supplements to clients all over the world.
How Were These Women’s Fat Burners Ranked?
Choosing the right fat burner is just like choosing any other supplement – there are a lot of options.
It’s a good idea to read user reviews to get a feel for how well the product works.
Below you’ll also find a list of things to look for in these products so that you know how to make the right choice.
- Ingredients – the most important thing to pay attention to is the type of ingredients in the product you’re considering. Does it contain the stimulants and appetite suppressants that are shown to aid in weight loss? Does it have any other bonus ingredients that can help on your path to a fitter, more healthy body?
- Brand reputation – there are many different companies out there making these fat loss products. Many are reputable and trustworthy, but some are not. The products on this list are great choices from quality companies, but if you choose a product that’s not on this list, make sure to read user reviews to get an idea of how good the company is.
- Value for money – calculate the per-serving or per-day cost of the product, and compare that to the others you’re considering. You don’t necessarily want cheap fat burners, but you’ll want to find a reasonably priced option that fits your needs and budget.
- Caffeine content – most weight loss pills and stronger pre-workout products contain stimulants like caffeine. You’ll want to keep an eye on the dosage amount, especially if you’re sensitive to caffeine. Also, while you’re taking the product, limit your consumption of coffee and other caffeinated beverages (like really strong energy drinks) so you don’t get too much on a daily basis.
- Convenience factor – most fat burners are taken in pill or capsule form and are often taken throughout the day. You’ll most likely have to take at least 2 different servings each day, depending on the product. However, some products require 4+ servings a day, which can be inconvenient.
Frequently Asked Questions About Women’s Fat Burners
How Do Fat Burners Work?
Many weight-loss supplements make impressive claims, but how do you know that they really work?
Each supplement uses a different blend of ingredients, but many of them include the same main active ingredients.
Here are some of the most common ingredients in fat burners:
- Stimulants – Stimulants, such as caffeine anhydrous, green tea extracts, guarana, and green coffee extract, are often the main ingredients in fat burners. These are included to keep you energized throughout the day.
- Appetite suppressants – Appetite suppressants such as glucomannan, yerba mate, hoodia and others are often included in weight loss formulas. These ingredients are added to help you fight off the hunger cravings that can get your diet off track and add more calories to your diet than you actually need.
- Dietary fibers – Often, dietary fibers are added to weight loss pills to help assist with healthy digestion and regulate bowel movements (2). Dietary fiber is very important to a healthy diet, and can also greatly assist with fat loss. Many people do not get enough fiber in their daily diets.
There are other ingredients included, but the ingredients listed above are some of the most commonly used, and also the most widely studied.
The most effective burners will contain a good variety of different weight-loss aids, including the ones above.
What Are the Benefits of a Fat Burner?
As the name suggests, fat burners are designed to help with weight loss efforts and fat burning.
They are commonly used by dieters, athletes, and everyday people.
Each product has a different formula with various active ingredients – but in general, each product attempts to target one or more of the following aspects of fat burning:
Thermogenesis is the metabolic process in your body in which calories are burned to produce heat (3).
Increasing thermogenesis can increase calorie burn rate, even in times of rest. This can result in increased weight loss in the long run.
A variety of ingredients are often added to thermogenic fat burners to try to increase thermogenesis.
Forskolin may affect thermogenesis by activating cyclic AMP (6).
Caffeine and other stimulants can also help to increase thermogenesis and the metabolic rate (7).
The metabolism is our basic process of converting food into energy (8). Your metabolism greatly affects caloric burn, and therefore weight loss.
Some fat burners claim to increase metabolism.
There are some ingredients often in fat burners, like chili peppers, that do have the potential to boost the metabolic rate in women (9).
Also, a compound in chili peppers called dihydrocapsiate can potentially increase the resting metabolic rate by around 50 calories a day (10).
Caffeine and other stimulants may also have an impact on metabolism.
More research is required for many of these ingredients.
Lipolysis is the process of breaking down stored fats to be used as energy (11). The process helps to mobilize stored fat tissues, potentially resulting in a reduction of body fat — when combined with exercise and calorie restriction.
Several ingredients in fat burners can contribute to lipolysis.
Capsaicin (cayenne pepper) also plays a role in lipolysis (14).
Other ingredients may also play a role, but more evidence is limited.
Having more energy makes it easier to get more done in a day – including more exercise.
Frequent exercise is beneficial for fat loss.
Many ingredients are used, but the most common are stimulants like caffeine, green tea extract and green coffee berry extract.
Caffeine works by blocking a neurotransmitter called adenosine, which increases the release of dopamine and other energy-boosting neurotransmitters (15).
Caffeine does not literally give you energy, but it reduces the perception of effort making it seem like you have more energy. This can result in an increase in athletic performance (16).
Other ingredients like green tea extract work in a similar way because it contains caffeine.
There are also some stimulant-free ingredients that claim to improve energy levels, but there is less evidence to support these claims.
Stimulants appear to be the most effective in improving energy levels.
Many fat burners also include ingredients designed to suppress the appetite. In theory, this makes it easier to stick to a healthy diet and avoid high-calorie snacks.
Several ingredients are used, but the most common are glucomannan, yerba mate, and hoodia gordonii.
Glucomannan is an often popular ingredient in fat burners. One study showed that this soluble fiber helped an increase in weight loss over just diet alone (17).
It’s important to note that these ingredients won’t result in fat loss on their own – you must exercise and eat a healthy diet in order to see results.
Healthy diets and exercise remain the most important factors in weight loss (20). Fat burners will not have much benefit if you’re not combining them with a healthy lifestyle.
Note: Results may vary and are not guaranteed.
Who Can Benefit From a Fat Burner?
Here are the groups of people that can benefit the most:
- Women of all ages – Just about any woman who wants to shed a few pounds of fat could benefit from taking a fat-burning supplement. Designed to help burn fat fast, these simple supplements may help you achieve the results you’ve been looking for. Note: fat burners are not recommended for those under 18 unless otherwise recommended by a medical professional
- Recent mothers – If you were recently pregnant and now have a little one to take care of, it can be very difficult to get back into shape. Not only do you have extra fat left over from pregnancy, but you now have the full-time responsibility of taking care of a wonderful little human being. Adding a weight loss supplement to your diet can give you the edge you need to shed that baby weight and achieve your fitness goals.
- Aging women – As we age, our metabolism naturally slows. This is a natural process, but it makes staying in shape more difficult as we get older. If you’re noticing your metabolism slowing down, adding a diet pill to your diet might be just what you need to stay fit.
How Do I Use a Fat Burner?
Most weight loss supplements come in the form of capsules or pills. Generally, they are taken one-by-one throughout the day, usually with 2-4 pills taken at intervals throughout the course of the day.
As always, you should follow the dosing instructions on the product you are taking. Do not exceed the recommended dose.
In general, fat burners are meant for short-term use. They are not meant to be taken daily for more than a few months. If you continue to take them after the recommended time period, your body will become accustomed to them, and they will no longer have any effect. It also increases the risks of negative side effects.
Also, keep in mind that any product that contains stimulants should be taken earlier in the day if possible, to avoid trouble sleeping at night. Try to leave a solid 5 hours between your last pill and the time you go to bed.
Can I Use a Fat Burner With Other Supplements?
In general, it’s fine to use other supplements such as vitamins, high-quality protein powders, or tasty vegan protein powders, etc in combination with weight loss pills. However, keep in mind that there are always risks associated with using different supplements at the same time. Talk to your doctor if you’re considering taking multiple supplements. Never take more than one type of fat-burning supplement at the same time.
Also, you’ll want to keep an eye on your caffeine consumption when taking stimulant-based weight loss supplements. Consuming too much caffeine can cause side effects.
Since many fat burners contain caffeine and other stimulants, you should limit your consumption of coffee, tea, and caffeinated soda while taking these supplements; and definitely stay away from high dosed caffeine pills.
Are There Any Side Effects of a Fat Burner?
As with any supplement, there are some potential side effects when using these products.
It’s hard to list all the potential side effects because everyone’s body is different, plus each product uses different ingredients.
However, here are some of the most common side effects of fat burning supplements:
Most fat burners contain stimulants such as caffeine. Because of this, these products can cause difficulty sleeping.
To avoid this, it’s recommended that you do not take supplements containing stimulants later in the day.
Give 5-7 hours between your last pill and bedtime, and you shouldn’t have any problems sleeping.
Since these products contain stimulants and ingredients that can increase your body temperature, they can lead to dehydration.
To combat this, simply make sure you’re drinking enough water.
Warning: more severe side effects can occur if you take more than the recommended dose. Never take more than the recommended serving size of ANY supplement.
As with all supplements featured on this site, we recommend you speak with your doctor before taking any supplements.
Contents of this Article
- Top 10 Women’s Fat Burners Compared
- How Were These Women’s Fat Burners Ranked?
- Frequently Asked Questions About Women’s Fat Burners